Examples of recent client projects with a focus on human rights, as well some earlier projects and writing in this area.
Critical Resource specialises in the broad range of sustainability issues facing the natural resources sector. Below are some examples of recent client projects which focused on human rights in particular. Also included are a few examples of prior projects or writing on human rights where we have worked as individual advisors or contributors (and where the fact of our involvement is in the public domain) – these can also be accessed via the News and insights section of our website.
- Support for development of overarching policy approach regarding indigenous peoples and related human rights issues. Client: global industry organisation
- Analysis of draft human rights management guide, pinpointing ways to improve mainstreaming of issue within companies: Client: major global professional services firm
- Research on community & NGO allegations over human rights, based on sample of ~35 cases, including analysis of issues, trends, and governance factors. Client: global industry organisation
- Development of submission on business and human rights to leading international initiative, including recommendations for improving outcomes. Client: major global industry organisation
- Rio Tinto guidance – guidance on implementing the corporate human rights policy (Litvin)www.riotinto.com/SustainableReview/Humanrights/programmes/Guidance/default.aspx
- ‘The business & human rights management report’– analysis for Ethical Corporation of approach of eight leading firms (Hepker) www.ethicalcorp.com/content.asp?ContentID=2608
- Foreign Policy magazine – “memo” to UN Secretary General on business and human rightswww.c-resource.com/html/foreignpolicymemo.pdf
- ‘The Politics of Policies’ – article in Ethical Corporation on development of human rights policies www.c-resource.com/html/ecorppolicies.pdf