New associate joins, research on the geopolitics of resources, progress on our risk rating tool LicenseSecure™, and examples of recent work.
- Rob Foulkes has joined the Critical Resource team as a new associate. Rob previously worked at the Royal Institute for International Affairs (Chatham House) on a range of resource and environmental issues. See our Biographies page for further details.
- Critical Resource director Daniel Litvin has recently joined Chatham House as a part-time Senior Research Fellow focusing on the geopolitics of resources. This research will be conducted separately from Critical Resource work.
- Critical Resource is continuing to develop LicenseSecure™ – a proprietary tool which evaluates the health of the socio-political license of resource projects (this incorporates STORM™, our stakeholder evaluation tool). A full methodology has been developed, and initial trials are proving predictive of on-the-ground outcomes. Further details will follow on our website.
- Among our recent projects: an analysis of the relevance of CSR metrics to shareholder value creation (client: leading professional services firm); ongoing support for a major initiative to understand and improve the socio-economic impacts of mining (client: global industry association).
- Daniel Litvin was recently interviewed on BBC World television on ethical dilemmas facing investors in Zimbabwe, and also recently gave a talk at a Foreign Policy Centre seminar on CSR in emerging markets: http://fpc.org.uk/events/146.