We take your privacy seriously, and comply with our obligations under data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In this Policy when we refer to Critical Resource or “CR”/“we”/ “us”/ “our” we mean Critical Resource Strategy & Analysis Ltd. Our registered office is at 46-47 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UJ. You can find contact details in the Contact Us section of our website.
The Policy describes
- General Terms
- The information that we collect about you
- How we use the information we collect
- Grounds for using your personal information
- How we share information with third parties
- Keeping your information secure
- Your choices and rights
- How to contact us and other important information
Be aware that CR’s website may contain links to other websites of interest operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their privacy policies, including cookies, and we recommend that you review them as they will govern the use of personal information you submit while visiting these websites. We do not accept any liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites.
CR reserves the right to amend this policy by updating this page. For this reason, you may want to check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
The information that we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal information about you:
Information that you provide to us:
We will process personal information that you give to us including when you email us or contact us through various channels as follows:
- In connection with our provision of services: if you are a client of CR you will provide us with personal information when you or the company you represent becomes a client. If you are not a client we may collect or receive your personal information because you are involved in one of our client’s matters.
- Signing up for services on our site: when you sign up for the Critical Resource Briefing or when you contact us with queries or respond to our communications the personal information you provide may include your full name, title, telephone number, email address and content, date and time of your email correspondence and information about your employer or your business. You can unsubscribe from our Critical Resource Briefing at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the Briefing.
- Recruitment application: when you apply for a role with us you may provide us with your full name, date of birth, nationality, education and qualification details, your gender, your CV, photograph, passport details, marital status, home address and home telephone number, mobile telephone number and other details set out in your application
Information we obtain from other sources
- If you apply for a position with us we may collect personal information relating to past employment, qualifications and education, opinions from third parties about you, past employment history and other details about you, which will be provided to us by third parties.
- If we collect or receive your personal information in the context of the provision of our services we might receive information from third parties such as your employer, public sources or other parties relevant to the services we are providing. That information could include your name, contact details, employment details and other information relevant to the services that we are providing to our client.
How we use the information we collect
We may do the following with your personal information
- Use it to engage in marketing and business development activity in relation to our services. This may include sending you newsletters, marketing communications, event invitations and other information that you may find interesting
- Use it for our legitimate business interests, such as undertaking business research and analysis, managing the operation of our websites and our business. Please note that calls undertaken for our legitimate business interests may be recorded for information verification purposes.
- Where you have applied for a position with us, to review and process your job application
Grounds for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Legitimate interest – we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, some examples of which are given above.
- Consent – we may (but usually do not) need your consent to use your personal information. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us (see below).
- Compliance with law or regulation – we may use your personal information as necessary to comply with applicable law/regulation.
How we share information with third parties
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. MailChimp provides more information on their services on their website.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to other third parties unless we have your specific permission or disclosure is required by law. On these occasions, we will require that these third parties comply strictly with our policy and will prohibit the use of your personal information for their own business purposes.
We do look to see how many people are opening our emails but do not use this data to profile you individually.
Keeping your information secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long we hold your personal information for will vary and will depend principally on:
- The purpose for which we are using your personal information – we will need to keep the information for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose, and
- Legal obligations – laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal information.
If you request to be removed from our mailing list, your profile is tagged as inactive and, while people cannot use your personal information, it stays on the system so that we know not to send you a newsletter again.
While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain 100% secure at all times.
Your choices and rights
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below.
These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you.
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- Lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- We can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal information.
How to contact us and other important information
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, you can contact us:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Critical Resource, 46-47 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UJ
By phone: +44 (0)20 72536180
Please be aware of the increase in cyber-crime and fraud. If you receive an email purporting to be from someone at Critical Resource which seeks to direct a payment to a bank account which is different than the one on our invoice, please let us know immediately. Please do not reply to or act on such instructions without checking with us, as those instructions are likely to be fraudulent.