We help clients understand and resolve potential stakeholder and political challenges using tools based on global best practice and our on-the-ground experience.
Achieving commercial success by building common ground with stakeholders.
What makes us different?
Resource industry specialism
- Critical Resource focuses exclusively on political and stakeholder issues in mining and energy, with particular expertise in asset-level work.
- Our team includes leading industry figures, including former executives in resource firms with decades of experience managing these issues responsibly first-hand.
Unrivalled knowledge base
- Having analysed or worked on 250+ mining and energy projects, we are uniquely positioned to evaluate, and identify effective strategies for, key socio-political risks.
- We have developed a rigorous proprietary methodology for analysing and securing the socio-political ‘license to operate’.
Unique networks & reputation
- We have extensive networks in the majority of the world’s resource-rich nations, with expert advisors in 80+ countries. Our teams include former ambassadors, ministers, and social development experts.
- Through our work for clients, we have developed good relationships with major investors, NGOs and international institutions.
Please note: Critical Resource will assist clients to manage issues with integrity. Some services are outside the scope of Critical Resource’s work. Critical Resource is not a PR or lobbying firm. While able to provide fact-based content for potential external use, Critical Resource does not undertake media relations itself or represent clients externally. Client confidentiality is a core principle for Critical Resource.