Critical Resource has launched a new report aimed at helping reshape the fossil fuel industry’s approach to climate change. The report has been produced as part of ‘The Heat is On’ initiative, guided by a Senior Advisory Panel made up of former and current leaders from industry, government, international organisations and civil society.
The report highlights the significant gap between what the industry is currently doing and what it would need to do in order to be compatible with a 2 degree outcome, and offers recommendations for how leading companies can become part of the solution rather than part of the problem of climate change. It finds that there is a significant opportunity for companies to lead the industry transformation that will be needed to meet the 2 degree target.
- Financial Times – ‘groundbreaking report’
- The Guardian – coverage of the initiative
- Reuters – ‘gap between plans and climate pledges’
- Financial Times – ‘Energy groups face Kodak moment’
- Wall Street Journal – quote from Daniel Litvin, Critical Resource MD
- BBC – interview with Daniel Litvin, Critical Resource MD (click on the image to play video):